Wednesday 15 April 2009

EXPLORING THE BLOGOSPHERE

According to Wikipedia the blogoshpere is "...the collective term encompassing all weblogs or blogs as a community or social network. Many weblogs are densely interconnected; bloggers read others' blogs, link to them, reference them in their own writing, and post comments on each others' blogs. Because of this, the interconnected blogs have grown their own culture."

A blog (a contraction of the term weblog) is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

(Supposing that bloggers “read other’s blogs, link to them…” I hope I will find links and comments from all of you smart people that are reading my blog!!!)

I had never used a blog until March 2009. I was also pretty scared about personal blogs! I think that people should use their blogs in a very responsible and sensible way…because blogs and technologies resources as Facebook are used by authorities and statistics agencies in order to obtain information about the society, in particular about young people! All the information that we may insert in a weblog say something about ourselves, our hobbies, our personal activities, experiences etc…

I am very happy to have the possibility of making this blog and demonstrate to people (as for example our Minister Gelmini!) that Italian University is able to realise also amazing things like the Padua University blogosphere! We can share information and experience with the whole World! (And let’s hope we will be able to demonstrate that we reached a very nice level in the English language too!!)

As far as I know I have some friends who have fun reading our personal blogs because they are learning many things with and ‘through’ us!!

The first goal of our English course had been to search for a blog which interested us by going on Technorati.

Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs, competing with Google and Yahoo. As of June 2008, Technorati indexes 112.8 million blogs and over 250 million pieces of tagged social media. The name Technorati is a portmanteau, pointing to the technological version of literati, or intellectuals.”

After my interesting and never-ending research I came up with this blog: http://new-art.blogspot.com/. It is very nice as it is about new-art. I am very interested in photography and I love taking photographs…in that blog-site there are many ‘experiments’ with photographs, paintings and also videos…take a look at it! Or you can go on Technorati and lose yourself in the infinite sphere of the blogosphere!! It will be an amazing trip!!!

As far as my personal blog is concerned, I will try to insert new information every week (I’m praying to find the time for doing it…!!!); this will be a very nice source of notes and attractive stuff…or at least I whish it would be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment